Friday, March 4, 2016

Feels like Home

TripPix.


We've spent five of our six St. Pete Beach vacations at The Sunrise Resort. This is our second year in the same condo unit, and we were at home the minute we walked in. Love the fresh new couch and loveseat, as well as the faster Internet access.


I never tire of a sunrise over St. Petersburg
Our first day was very quiet. We took care of checking in first thing in the morning and had breakfast on Pass-a-Grille, at our favorite Seahorse Restaurant, followed by a quick visit to Land's End.  Picked up groceries at Publix. We ran into our friend Carol Van Ells, who has been a regular here for many years.

I walked on the beach across Gulf Boulevard after lunch while Bob napped -- well deserved after a couple of grueling days on the road. I went for my evening swim after dinner. Heaven for me!

The night was dark and filled with the familiar sounds of our March home.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.