Friday, February 26, 2016

Ready for Florida

TripPix.

Tomorrow the temperature will rise to 40F in St. Paul, but winter returns on Sunday. Time to get out of town.

We leave for Florida in the morning - a trip that was very iffy when I was so sick last fall. Two months ago I had been out of the hospital only five days and was barely able to navigate stairs. The short walk between the house and the garage was a challenge and I was weak from lack of sleep, probably because of the 40 mg daily dose of prednisone. Today I feel healthier and more energetic than I've been for several years. I am thinner (or, rather, less fat!), very lucky and so grateful.

My stamina is still lacking and I was a little afraid of a grueling road trip with crazy Bob Hennessey, who is always ready for the extra mile, or 100 miles. Fortunately, we've added an extra travel day and will spend Monday night with Bob's sister and her husband in Panama City Beach, a new part of Florida for us to discover. This is our route:

St Paul MN-Mount Vernon IL-Montgomery, AL-Panama City Beach FL-St Pete Beach FL





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.